(1) I was happy with the current status of fundraising for Limp Wrist until this weekend when I received word that $750 is not the fee for the Juniper part of the scholarship. The total amount is $1,030– $750 covers tuition and meals plus $280 to cover a dorm room for the scholarship recipient.
With this in mind, I want to remind you that tomorrow is the last day to enter in the Limp Wrist raffle. Click here for the details and for pictures of the items. I’m very happy to say the funds from the raffle are TAX DEDUCTIBLE and go to support the inaugural Limp Wrist Scholarship.
(2) Ellen Bass, Maureen Seaton, and Dorianne Laux have blurbed Stealing Fire.
Stealing Fire is, by turns, delightful, ironic, witty, stabbing, sobering, intoxicating. I didn’t want it to end. ~ Ellen Bass, author of The Human Line
The ordering process for Stealing Fire is going to be a tad bit different than originally mentioned; however, it will still be easy! After covering the production costs of the chapbooks, all funds raised will go to the Limp Wrist scholarship fund.
(3) If you are on Facebook, join the cool kids in checking out:
Fans of Denise Duhamel OR A Group of Duhamalites
Fans of Dorianne Laux
Fans of Laure-Anne Bosselaar
The Joe Milford Poetry Show
(4) I am participating in Dana Guthrie Martin’s FaBoStaMe 2009. I plan to use my 30 updates in 30 minutes to announce something big.
(5) I have started consulting with poetess Stacie Boschma on an Atlanta Project. I love that she is just as thrilled as I am about it. This is not the big announcement that is mentioned in #4. This will stay secret for a bit longer as it is to die for.
(6) Project Verse should be kicking off in late April. I received 39 applications, each ranging between 15 to 19 pages. I am giving each application the attention it needs; therefore, it is very time consuming.